Food? Check. Drinks? Check. Music? Check. Table setting? hmmm.
Daily life has left aside the formality in dinning; with take-outs, deliveries and frozen meals, few people still keep the old fashion rules in "table setting". But, when having company over for dinner, you want to take the extra time to set a formal dining room table and impress your guests.
These are 5 easy steps to be ahead of the game and have your perfect dinner party:
1. Go through your menu and check the amount of silverware, drinkware and dinnerware you will need, including appetizer, soup, salad, desert, bread, water, wine, maybe champagne for a toast? what about coffee at the end?
2. Check how many people will be setting at dinner and if there is plenty of room to seat them comfortable, remember that formal table setting takes a little more space.
3. What is the dinner occasion? Having a decor theme on your table setting makes all the difference and will make your guests feel special. It doesn't have to be an all turkey theme party decor on Thanksgiving, but just the right color placemats or tablecloth can really bright up the occasion.
4. It's time to set your table, this is a basic Table Setting, perfect for when having a main entree or buffet style dinner party.
Maybe you have more courses for your dinner and want to upscale it a notch, this is the formal Table Setting with all the bells and whistles:
5. We have selected beautiful photos of different table settings for you to see. There are plenty of options out there, from silverware, dinnerware and placemats. The key to a perfect party is that you relax, be creative and have fun. As for us we will be dinning using these beautiful handmade leather placemats!
GET 15% OFF YOUR ORDER
Swift Décor is an online interior décor retailer. We sell handcrafted products from high quality locally sourced materials made in a fair trade environment and supporting traditional crafting techniques. We want you to love each piece, 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Either YOU love it or return it! You’ll be refunded every penny. Browse through our BLOG to get decorating ideas and see where our products have been featured.